starry sky: a blade & soul forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Metal Gear Revengeance- FEB 2013

2 posters

Go down

Metal Gear Revengeance- FEB 2013 Empty Metal Gear Revengeance- FEB 2013

Post by Roifa Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:03 pm

Who else is looking forward to this game as much as I am?

Despite at once appearing to be an overcooked adventure that many MGS fans were disputing as a failure of a spin-off, I can't help but feel this game is exactly the kind of injection the MG franchise needs to invigorate it for a new audience. Sure, Ground Zero looks amazing, but I am looking forward to dicing the absolute shit out of people with Raiden's high frequency blade.

What do you all think?

/Discuss!

Roifa

Back to top Go down

Metal Gear Revengeance- FEB 2013 Empty Re: Metal Gear Revengeance- FEB 2013

Post by Aram Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:55 pm

I never really looked at it as a MGS game. When the first E3 footage of it came out a few years ago, when Kojima was heading it I was intrigued. But since it switched hands from Konami to Platinum Games I've not really been taking it seriously as a MGS. I like the look of the gameplay though, that sort of Devil May Cry, Ninja Gaiden kind of feel.

I'd have to wait and judge it as a stand alone game and not a part of the MGS franchise.

Aram

Back to top Go down

Post by Roifa Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:36 am

The gameplay development has indeed been switched to Platinum games, however Kojima is still the executive director, meaning he has control of where the story goes, ect. I do agree that it is pretty obvious the MGS direction has altered quite substantially since Platinum took control of how the game will work, but I still think this is a story which fits into the MG universe, something that is after MGS4 Since it is 7-9 years later.

I guess watching Raiden throwing a metal gear does make it harder to take seriously, when snake had to fight tooth and nail to defeat them. At the same time, Raiden did stop a 5000 ton Outer haven with just his legs and back in MGS4. I wonder how much he can squat? O_o

Roifa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum